Saturday, June 10, 2023

Love me tender

Thought we had disappeared? No way. Things haven't changed at all. Mom is still telling everyone that she lives with a sweet cat and a crazy cat and it is so true. How can a cat be so smart and so not smart, so cute and so unnerving, so relaxed and so wild, all at the same time? Der Dekan can make me tired just by looking at him.
While I don't mind a little harmless slapping and hissing duel every, now and then, not even a little chase, sometimes it's just better to stay out of the way during his crazy runs.

I have learned to appreciate soft blankets and beds, quiet hours, long naps, and cuddling with a friend. I am talking about Mr. Radish of course.
As you can see, Mr. Radish is no spring chicken. To be honest, he's not even the first Mr. Radish, but shhh, don't tell him that.
We have an on and off relationship. Sometimes we won't see one another in weeks or we just exchange a short hello, but when we spend time together, it's as it has just been a few hours. I tell him about what I have been up to, what has happened in the house since we last met, we talk about catnip (he's full of catnip stories, I swear), about den Dekan, and Mom's attempts to keep him in check, we laugh, and we cuddle.

I hadn't even noticed that Mom took some pictures of our last encounter.


Mr. Radish telling me a fascinating story about catnip.


Just dreaming together.


No comment ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a friend like Mr. Radish, and I'm sure he's also happy to have such a good friend like you. Enjoy the precious time together and the catnip stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Mr. Radish won't jump at me from a corner! ;-)

      Delete