Friday, June 23, 2023

A new gal in town

I still remember when I was the new gal in town, a little more than six years ago. Can you believe it has already been that long?
Now it was time for another lady to move in. She's just a tad bigger than I, has a piercing look, and is very soft. Her name is Leonie.
Of course der Dekan had to try and suck up to her right away, playing the big tough guy card first and then trying to win her over by getting all cutesy with her.

The real reason Leonie came here, however, even if the egocentric little brat refuses to acknowledge that, is so we could become best friends. I can tell her everything and she can tell me, well, not much really, but she's a great listener, I can tell you (Mom says all Steiffs are great listeners, except for Jocko who's monkeying around too much ... which is actually a bad pun on Jocko being a Steiff chimpanzee *eyeroll*).
Leonie makes you feel very safe and relaxed.


The only thing we hate is if Mom is intruding on our feline girl time!!



I am grateful to her, though, for bringing Leonie here (initially as a birthday gift to herself) and then giving her this spot on the bed which she did just for us, by the way.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, Leoni seems a patient and good listener friend, and der Dekan seems to approve too. You deserve this and, the bigger, the better. Mom had a nice idea this time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely deserve this and I'm fine sharing with the brat.
      It was about time Mom had a good idea for once. Yesterday she tricked me with the tablet. I very cleverly ate everything and pushed the tablet aside, but after a while she brought out the gravy food and sneaked it in there. I can't resist gravy!

      Delete