Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Happy Gotcha Day!

Two years. Can you believe it has been two full years since my life has changed because THIS had been brought to our door??


Oh yeah, he was so small and he was so cute and he was such a **** from the start. Well, I only really met him after about ten days, but then I knew my quiet days were over. Mom said she wanted me to have a feline companion, but honestly, I think I could well have done without a fuzzy whirlwind trying to take all my spots and eat all my food.
Der Dekan was a bit like a shark caught in an eternal feeding frenzy. Thinking about it, he still is a lot of times, but for me that means I get breakfast earlier than I used to, so I won't complain. Also what he has actually learned is that he won't steal my food while I am eating which is a source of neverending surprise for Mom as he's not that well behaved when she is eating.

We have learned to get along. Every, now and then he chases me, sometimes it's like a ritual which is about the running and not the catching.
There are those rare times when he jumps me full force and I have to screech like a banshee (do they screech or is that owls?) and some fur is flying and Mom keeps yelling "Dekan! Leave her alone!", but it really doesn't happen often.

Mom thinks it would be nice if we slept all cuddled up, but I am an independent woman and also I got Mr. Radish.
I let den Dekan groom me sometimes which I couldn't stand at all in the beginning, so who knows, maybe once Mr. Radish has been slobbered on one time too much and leaves, things will change.

What I like best about the brat, however, is the way he has with Mom. He can turn from cute into a killer in a second and the other way round (Mom still can't believe how humming the Skye Boat song calms him down right away every time he's in biting mode, in her version of the song she has been humming to all her animal companions for decades), from really smart to incredibly dumb.
He certainly keeps her on her toes, makes her despair, but also makes her laugh, and I sit and watch from the sidelines thinking it serves her right ;-)

Well, Dekan. Happy Gotcha Day. I know you'll get a good treat (which isn't difficult to do because almost everything is a good treat to him). You are okay. Never forget, though, who's the boss here.
And for Bast's sake, stop sleeping on the job!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Day to all the family! I remember that first picture, how cute der Dekan was (is). If life is about coexistence, it seems that all of you succeeded. Maybe with some scratching and robbery, but also lots of cuddling. Keep the good work, boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I have to admit that he can be very cute if he's in the mood. We'll keep working on his manners. If only he'd stop wanting to bite my neck when he's grooming me, he's far too young for me. Mom shouldn't have told him the story about Merlin and Meffi.
      You can be sure that I won't be letting my guard down! ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is something I will deny saying, but the question is... does your mom bites you? Because I've found I like biting a little Mixeta's neck, just a little. And she seems to like it too. Though with the change of hair, now is not the best time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rarely, but I know she has done it with Ponder.
      Change of hair plus warm weather, yeah, not a good time.

      Delete