Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Avengers

"Got thrown out again, did you?"
"It's ridiculous, all I did was knock one of Mom's vintage thingies off the chest next to the printer. She shouldn't keep stuff there if she doesn't want them knocked off."
"Oh, Dekan, you young fool. Have you still not understood that she doesn't want you to knock anything off anywhere at all? No pictures off walls, no thingies off chests, no wire spools off her nightstand. Mind you most of these things have been around way longer than you have even been in this world. Don't worry, though, as long as they don't break completely or disappear, she'll be fine."
"It was rather funny, though, that she tried to pick that octopus up from behind the little cabinet using barbecue tongs."
"Be glad it wasn't broken. A friend made it and Mom loves it very much. Still got you thrown out, too. You are young, you will learn. Come on, sit down, and I'll tell you the story I promised you, about The Avengers."
"Who are ...?"
*stern look*
"The Avengers, Mr. John Steed and Mrs. Emma Peel. It's an old British TV show about spies. Now listen."

"After Mom's sister A. lost Mulder - whom I never had the honor to meet - she said she didn't want another cat. You know how it is, though. In the end they can't do without us for long, it's too quiet and who can live without furs and purrs?
Mom's other sister B., the one that was here just the other day, mentioned that at the vet's, and before long, they called to say that they knew about some kittens who needed a new home.
When Mom and A. went there, there were four little kittens. One of them, the only girl, was called Emma and she looked a lot like Mulder, white with tabby spots, so it was no wonder that she was the first chosen one.
All the others were boys, and finally A. picked one of them and renamed him John as she liked the name Emma and was inspired by The Avengers. Of course John turned into Johnny rather quickly, and honestly, from what I heard he's still not a gentleman like Mr. Steed was in the show.
These are the two as babies, by the way. You can already see that Johnny's fur has a touch of red."


"Are they still babies?"
"Of course not. This was four years ago and they have both grown up, just as you have already grown because you eat three times your own weight every day. Look, this is them two years later."


"And this is them now. Emma has become a beautiful and very elegant lady. Johnny has grown into a very handsome fellow. He likes to get on shelves and cupboards, just like you. Only he jumps up a lot better than you do. "



"Will I be that big one day and become a good jumper?"
"Only Bastet knows that. At the moment, I wouldn't want to bet on you while I would definitely put my money on Johnny or Emma."
"You don't even have any money except the change in the container that I keep knocking over."
"O Dekan, you still have soo much too learn. Next time I'll tell you the story about where I came from, and maybe I'll even let you in on the secret about where Mom hides her money and how to order toys off the internet."

Youngsters, eh? When Mom came back out, she let me into the room, so I could take an undisturbed nap in the computer chair, and from what I heard, der Dekan also had a little nap on her pillow.
There's nothing like a nice story to help you sleep ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gundel, I love your stories. And Emma and Johnny are superb cats. Be patient with young Dekan, the cat that jumped up not so well. But he's so cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very cute, but you should have seen him this morning! He clung to the heater like a half dead spider. I don't understand why he jumps up without a problem one time and fails miserably (quite hilariously sometimes) another. Maybe he'll become like Greebo, Mom says he had the same problem.
      Anyway, he deserved it for jumping me again this morning and trying to eat my food.

      Delete