Thursday, April 21, 2022

Ride, boldly ride to the end of the rainbow .....

Yeah, I wish I could ride to the end of the rainbow ... without Mom singing along, however ... maybe then I would get a moment peace and quiet here!
Okay, it's not that bad. Der Dekan likes to sleep with Mom, on her pillow, in her arm, even on her chest by his own will, and that gives me time to do my own stuff, like sitting on the newish cat tower, sleeping in the office chair or on the armchair, for example. Or to go for a ride.
You know how little brothers are, though. You have something, they want it. The top of the stairs which usually gets us both thrown out of the room because Mom is afraid we are going to end up on her head, the ball you are playing with, the food you are eating while their own plate is still full, I could keep going like that.

Where I'm drawing the line is Liese. The Steiff sheep (that has no name, poor thing) and Liese are mine. I'm the rider here. Of course Mom keeps trying to tell me that all cats loved riding Liese or sleeping on her, but I don't care about "all cats". I'm putting my paw down here. The brat has to learn that there are limits, even for him!
And this time, I prevailed. That'll teach him, don't you think?

"I wanna ride, too!"


"GO away."


"Pfff, I didn't want to ride after all."


Funny how unimpressed Liese is with all of this. I guess she must have seen a lot in her 50-some years on this planet!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Gundel, you are so elegant when riding and certainly need to teach your brother how things are in this world. Now, seeing you, I remember I once said that in my next life I want to be a cat at your home. It's just full of things that a good cat needs. Including a riding sheep. What I didn't understand is if she has a name or not (if not, who is Liese)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The animal you see ME riding on - I have to emphasize that for des Dekan's sake again - is a vintage Steiff calf that is lovingly called Liese.
      Poor Liese has been mistreated very much by ladies that have come before me which is why she's wearing bandages around neck and leg and has a saddle blanket. They had confused her with a scratching post.
      The sheep is a little younger than Liese, but also Steiff.
      Mom uploaded a night time picture of me for you on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/catswire/52022566277/in/dateposted-friend/
      What's funny is that the first sheep rider was Magica who was named after the same Disney witch as me, only with the English name :-D Nothing like a good tradition!

      There also used to be a huge tiger to ride on I've heard, but he left before I moved in here.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, Gundel, I missed your answer. Now I understand: there is Liese the calf and then the sheep. By the way, you look great on her, fabulous pic! And that you ride both is the way to be, I remember that der Dekan is not very good at jumping up. Only witches ride the sheep and, yes, tradition is important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You remember right, Mercè. Just the other night - 3 a.m.! - der Dekan tried to jump up to the tiger on the Steiff cabinet again and ended up hanging there like a sack of flour! Before Mom could get to him, he had to let go and came down like an even bigger sack of flour.
      Mom can't get over him being such a bad high jumper because why is he so good at wide jumping then? I could teach him, but does he listen to me? Nooooo.
      I'm not sure if I could make him become a good sheep rider.

      Delete
    2. Mixeta can't jump up either, she's fat, but she's also clumsy in general. She's adorable in her dignified falls. Some cats are not made for riding.

      Delete
    3. Please give Mixeta my best wishes from one gorgeous panther to another (no sense in being unnecessarily humble)!

      Delete