Saturday, March 20, 2021

The pillow

"Lady G., a word?"
"I'm busy."
"I can tell that! What in Bastet's name are you doing?"
"Playing with my pillow. What's the problem?"
"What's the ... ugh. Let me get the dustpan."

I honestly don't know what Mom's problem is now. She got me two new spelt and valerian pillows with the last food order.
I love valerian, I lick it and drool on it and it makes me happy. She only lets me have it for a little, though, because she's afraid I'll get too high or ingest something that's not good for me.

"Gundel, that was the last time I got you valerian pillows."
"May I ask why?"
"You may. The last time I got you some you peed on one of them while I was on the phone telling my sister how much you like your new pillows."
"I did like one of them."
"What was wrong with the other one?"
"It didn't feel right."
"And what have you done with this one? I saw you lick it, turned my back on you for five seconds and then this!"


Seriously, do you know what her problem is?

6 comments:

  1. That looks says, "Don't judge me"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom never has the right to judge me.
      Do you know all the things she does? I could fill books with those ...

      Delete
  2. Obviously, this pillow didn't feel right either, Gundel. Your mom doesn't seem to master the art of choosing proper valerian pillows. And, until she does, you'll have to send her signals, a good cat's job is never done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wondering if I could have found a smarter Mom than her.
      Then again, maybe this is just the task I have to fulfill in this world, educating her, being patient with her, well, and sometimes yell at her or give her a quick one with my paw if she really doesn't get it.

      Delete
    2. The best cats are always given the most difficult tasks. It happens here too. These people should know, by now, what my staring means, but just keep asking me questions. I'm a cat, right? Be patient and don't give up!

      Delete
    3. Hang in there, Mixeta!
      I guess it could have gone worse for us although I sometimes really wonder ...

      Delete