Friday, June 16, 2017

I'm afraid of no shark

"Hey Ponder."
"Hey."
"What's the matter? Down in the dumps?"
"I'm thinking."
"Thinking about what? Your miserable life again?"
"Well, there is this new kid."
"I knew we would have this talk sooner or later. Gundel was a stray and needed a home and some food. You, my friend, can afford to give her some of your food. She's not even half of you in weight. Okay, so she is smaller, too. Still. What else do you have to complain about?"
"She's taking my spots."
"Oh, you mean like the spot on the stairs that you were not interested in anymore today after she left it?"
"Yesterday she hit me."
"You did intrude on her string game, and when she left, we kept playing. And hitting is a bit of a strong word, don't you think? She barely touched you."
"Hmpf."
"I love you the same as before, Ponder. She doesn't even take up lap or shoulder time because she's not a lap cat."
"Yeah, she may not be that bad. A bit bossy."
"Which is what I wanted for you, anyway. A bossy girl to poke you a little, so you won't get too comfortable in your ways."
"You like black cats, too."
"Yes, I do."
"She's still dangerous, you know? Just wait until it's time for you to get a bit uncomfortable."
"What are you talking about?"

So I had to show Mom photo proof on what's going on behind her back.


 "I'm afraid of no shark."


"What are you saying?"


Told Mom Gundel was dangerous - and a shark whisperer who sicced those two dudes on her. This is what she's getting for not listening to me.

P.S. I still don't understand how Greebo can be so utterly uninterested in Gundel??

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you are so vigilant, Ponder. Greebo is no help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom says Greebo is too old to be recruited for anything at all. I think he's just great at sucking up to her.
      I didn't even find time to blog at all in almost a year now because I have to be everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Poor Ponder. He leads a tough life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do. And life has not been become any easier since last year.

      Delete